Saturday 6 April 2019

Rosie's Travelling Tea Shop - Rebecca Raisin

AVAILABLE HERE
Goodreads Blurb:
Rosie Lewis has her life together.
A swanky job as a Michelin-Starred Sous Chef, a loving husband and future children scheduled for exactly January 2021.
That’s until she comes home one day to find her husband’s pre-packed bag and a confession that he's had an affair. Heartbroken and devastated, Rosie drowns her sorrows in a glass (or three) of wine, only to discover the following morning that she has spontaneously invested in a bright pink campervan to facilitate her grand plans to travel the country.
Now, Rosie is about to embark on the trip of a lifetime, and the chance to change her life! With Poppy, her new-found travelling tea shop in tow, nothing could go wrong, could it…?
My Review:

What an utterly charming, delightful book! I was fully immersed in Rosie's new adventure after finding herself alone and determined to prove her (quite awful sounding) husband wrong in that she isn't predictable and boring. A travelling tea shop sounds like the perfect idea to me -and I do love a book that makes me drool for the wonderful treats and delights it describes!

Rosie seems like a woman I would be friends with, shes brave, independent and really funny - I laughed out loud several times throughout. She's been pushed out of her comfort zone but she goes with it and makes the best out of each new situation. I think the combination of her and new friend Aria is wonderful.

 Aria is probably my favourite - a mobile book van, come on!! Books and a tea shop is my idea of heaven. Their friendship is so well written, they support each other perfectly. Both need someone to guide them and work through their different problems, which they do as the story progresses. I could really imagine going to some of the festivals mentioned and sitting with a book from Aria coupled with a wonderful tea from Rosie. 
I enjoyed the romantic aspect of the wonderfully annoying, yet gorgeous, Max. I liked how he continued to push Rosie into new, uncomfortable things and yet she found utter pleasure from them. He really healed her heart and confirmed her ability to be happy and push her boundaries. I think their relationship was well written, sweet and gave Rosie the happy ending I know I was hoping for. 

I have never read anything by Rebecca Raisin before - shame on me! I will be rectifying that. I loved this book, I have never felt tempted by camper vans etc but this genuinely made me imagine life on the road, having adventures and meeting new friends. 

I highly recommend - a book full of adventure, self-discovery, friendship and heart. Thank you to HQ Digital UK and Rebecca for an advanced copy of this book via Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment