Saturday 27 April 2019

If We're Not Married by Thirty - Anna Bell


BLURB:

Lydia's not exactly #LivingHerBestLife. She never imagined she'd be here at thirty - newly single, a job that's going nowhere and her friends all winning at life when she's still barely taking part. So she jumps at the chance of a free holiday and jets off to sunny Spain. 
Then, out of the blue, she bumps into her childhood friend, the handsome and charming Danny Whittaker. She's always had a crush on him and they soon enter into a passionate holiday romance. 
But this relationship could be more than just a fling. Years ago they made a pact that if they were still single when they turned thirty they would get married. But noone really follows through on these pacts . . . right?
Could Lydia's back-up man really be her happy ever after?


My Review:

I've really enjoyed Anna Bells previous books - The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart and It Started With a Tweet and 'If we're not married by Thirty' is yet another fun,will they/won't they romantic comedy. It  is a light hearted, enjoyable story that will take you on a journey of friendship and romance. The funny adventures of the characters in this book had me chuckling away throughout, definitely a book to put a smile on your face. 

She is a great leading character. I liked that she was relatable  – she is creative and hard working yet waiting for that next step in her career, she lives in her sisters basement but like anyone she has her flaws. I loved the scenes that show her getting into embarrassing situations such as when she thought she was going on a date that wasn't a date or when Danny's Mum walked in on her. Anna Bell wrote those parts so well, I was cringing as I read.

Now, Danny. I have to admit I wasn't totally bowled over by him. I thought he was a bit arrogant, show-offy, selfish and to be honest I didn't think he was very trust worthy or in fact the best match for Lydia. I was expecting some big reveal was going to happen and that Lydia would find her way back to her ex. 

I like the style of writing, I quickly got into the book, loved the descriptions of all the different places we found Lydia/Danny. I wasn't expecting massive, shocking twists but I knew there would be plenty of hiccups, ups and downs and misunderstandings that would ensure the path of true love didn't run too smoothly.

I would definitely recommend this book if you are a fan of a light hearted, fun little rom-com. It's perfect for a quick read around the pool.

Comfy Rating:👍👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment