Wednesday 17 April 2019

Sunset over the Cherry Orchard - Jo Thomas

AVAILABLE HERE


Goodreads Blurb:
It's time for Beti Winter to dance to her own beat.
 

After three failed engagements Beti is in desperate need of a fresh start. What better place than the sun-drenched hills of southern Spain? But it's not all sangria and siestas. Beti finds work on an old Andalucian cherry farm where there are cherries to be picked, trees to be watered and her fiery boss, Antonio, to win over.
As the sun toasts her skin, Beti finds herself warming to the Spanish way of life. Embracing the art of flamenco, she discovers there is much to learn from the dance of passion. She just has to let loose and listen to the rhythm of her heart.



My Review:
I've got to start with the cover – how stunning, The gorgeous colours are eye catching, its definitely what got my attention and compliments the setting of the book.
Sunset Over the Cherry Orchard is a fabulous story about having dreams, big, lifelong ambitions and not being prepared to settle for anything less, not giving up and working towards your goal no matter what. It is a tale of believing in yourself, believing you are good enough if you are happy to put yourself out there and face all life has to throw at you.

This was my first read by Jo Thomas (Where have I actually been?!) and was pleased to discover a story full of humour, fun and some special, tender moments. I found surprises littered throughout; with quirky characters (who could have their own stories to tell), unexpected friendships and blossoming relationships.

One of my favourite elements of the book was the descriptive, inclusion of flamenco, reading how Beti learned and felt impassioned by it was inspiring, I was all for booking a flight and heading off for my own flamenco adventure! Let's also praise the mouth watering foods mentioned throughout.

Beti is a wonderful leading lady; she's not had much luck and in typical fashion for this style of book, at first it doesn't seem that a move to Spain is going to be the happy ever after she wants. I liked how she developed, her outstanding work ethic and I was rooting for her to get the happy ending.

I loved how Sunset Over the Cherry Orchard transported me on a gorgeous, sun kissed adventure. A wonderful story, that's very well written. I was engrossed and finished almost in one sitting. I have already read another by Jo Thomas (review to follow) and can firmly say she is now amongst my favourite, must read authors.

Perfect read for those looking for adventure and love.  
Comfy Rating: 👍👍👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment