Thursday 11 July 2019

Publication Day Review - My Lemon Grove Summer - Jo Thomas


About:

Could the lemon groves of Sicily be the perfect place to start over? The irresistible new novel from Jo Thomas, the author of Sunset Over the Cherry Orchard, will transport you to the island of mountains and sparkling blue seas.

When life hands you lemons ... is it ever too late for a second chance?

Zelda's impulsive nature has got her precisely nowhere up until now. A fresh start in a beautiful hilltop town in Sicily looking for new residents, together with her best friend Lennie, could be just what she needs. And who better to settle down with than the person who knows her best?

But the sun-filled skies and sparkling seas can't hide the shadow hanging over Citta d'Ora, which means not everyone is pleased to see their arrival. The dreams Zelda and her fellow new residents had of setting up a new life might be slipping away. But a friendship with restauranteur Luca could be about to unlock the possibilities that lie in the local lemon groves. And there's a wedding on the horizon that might be just what the town needs to turn it around...

Could a summer in Sicily help Zelda learn to trust her instinct and follow her heart?
 

My Review:


It’s only fairly recently I’ve discovered the wonder that is Jo Thomas and her fabulous books. I’ve quickly devoured them all so imagine my absolute excitement to receive an advanced copy of ‘My Lemon Grove Summer’ – Thank you Headline!

This is a glorious summer read, full of idyllic sounding scenery, gorgeous characters and an emotional, heart-warming story that will have you hooked from the start. Jo’s writing always has the knack of taking us away somewhere – leaving behind our real lives and allowing us to be fully immersed in the story. My Lemon Grove Summer took us to Sicily alongside the lovely Zelda and Lennie who are trying to start a brand-new chapter of their lives.
With a fantastic cast of characters, I really enjoyed getting to know them all. I loved the friendship between Lennie and Zelda but I could see that although they did love each other, they weren’t IN love. I liked to see how supportive they were of each other and their ability to make friends and create their own little community when the one they’ve all found themselves in seems intent to turn them away.

When Sicily doesn’t live up to all that was promised, we see that you must fight for what you want in more ways than one. Can Zelda and Lennie have what they really want or are they facing too much opposition? You can bet there are ups, downs, twists and turns along the way that will keep you entertained. As always, the path of true love never runs smooth, but I’d expect nothing less.

Jo Thomas has firmly become one of my ‘always buy’ authors. I know any of her books will put a smile on my face, take me away and give me characters I will adore.

I cannot recommend this book enough - wonderful summer filled treat. 


Thank you to Jo Thomas and Headline for the opportunity to read/review. 

Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Sicily-Jo-Thomas/dp/1472246012/

No comments:

Post a Comment