Thursday 25 July 2019

Escape to the French Farmhouse - Victoria Brownlee

AVAILABLE HERE
About:
Ella moved to Paris on a whim - and found happily ever after.
But after six months of romantic bliss, living with her French boyfriend, cheesemonger Serge, Ella's new life is thrown off course. An unplanned pregnancy doesn't seem too bad, until Serge unexpectedly decides to move their growing family to a goat farm in the Loire Valley, without consulting Ella.
Can Ella and Serge's relationship survive their relocation to the depths of the French countryside?
My Review:

A first read by this author and what a delightful treat. I didn’t realise that had been a previous book in the series but honestly it didn’t really matter as this worked well as a standalone.

I enjoyed the storyline, it kept me interested and engaged throughout – I have never been to France (only through books) and it did give me a good sense of what life would be like. I also love cheese, so this book had me drooling with some lovely descriptions. Making me peckish! I think it is well written, a nice style and was descriptive.

 I must admit; I didn’t necessarily love the characters; I liked them, and they were nice enough but maybe I would feel more about them if I’d read the first book? It wasn’t but its more I found them slightly annoying at times.

It’s a story with a simple storyline but it’s fun, light-hearted and has enough drama to make it interesting. Their move to the countryside is really when the book gets going for me. I couldn’t imagine being in Ella’s position and would probably be the same… also Serge keeps so much from her and doesn’t discuss plans etc; how frustrating, I wouldn’t put up with it!

I think this is a lovely, enjoyable read – perfect for a summer day read. You can escape to France and be tempted by foods galore.

Thank you to the publishers for the chance to read and review this book honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment