Wednesday 15 July 2020

How to Disappear by Gillian McAllister

You can run, you can hide, but can you disappear for good?

Lauren's daughter Zara witnessed a terrible crime. But speaking up comes with a price, and when Zara's identity is revealed online, it puts a target on her back.

The only choice is to disappear.

From their family, their friends, even from Lauren's husband.

No goodbyes. Just new names, new home, new lives.

One mistake - a text, an Instagram like - could bring their old lives crashing into the new.

As Lauren will learn, disappearing is easy.

Staying hidden is much harder . . .


Purchase HERE

My Review:

Wow. What a brilliant rollercoaster of a read. I was hooked from the start of this clever, gripping book.
If you enjoy a tense, sat on the edge of your seat, psychological thriller then this is the book for you. This is a very clever story, and I admit I do not think I have ever read anything quite like it. It is a fascinating and imaginative portrayal of how systems work, fail and just how dangerous the media can be.
The journey this book takes you on is strange and scary, its realistic and I could easily imagine myself in the situation – which added to the dramatic excitement I felt as I quickly read on.
I really do not want to reveal much about the actual storyline, I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I will say its emphasis is on human behaviour and action, balancing good and bad, doing what is right and standing up for your beliefs no matter the consequences. It’s about family ties, relationships and sacrifices.
Some very interesting characters: I couldn’t make my mind up about a couple and was expecting several twists and turns. I was dubious of some initially, but they won me round in the end. I think this is a sign of a great book, especially one of this genres – you shouldn’t be too trusting, be prepared for the shocks!
Its so well written, descriptive, and emotive. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it to all. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Thank you to Penguin Random House for the copy to review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment