Monday 28 October 2019

BLOGTOUR: Notting Hill in the Snow - Jules Wake




It's mayhem in Bethlehem…unless they can work together!
Viola Smith plays the viola in an orchestra (yes really!), but this year she's been asked to stretch her musical talents to organising Notting Hill's local nativity.

Nate Williams isn't looking forward to Christmas but as his small daughter, Grace, has the starring role in the show, he's forced to stop being a Grinch and volunteer with Viola.
With the sparks between them hotter than the chestnuts roasting in Portobello market, Nate and Viola can't deny their feelings. And as the snow starts to fall over London, they find themselves trapped together in more ways than one…


My Review:
Genuinely, I am not sure anything I could write would do this beauty justice. I read it days ago (and have read a couple of books since) and I just can’t shake this book from my mind and my feelings. I have THE biggest book hangover from Notting Hill in the Snow.

I am such a huge fan of Jules Wake in every guise, I know that any time I open her books I will be transported to an amazing place with gorgeous characters who will imprint on my heart.  This book is not an exception, it will be one of my annual festive reads for sure, there is no way I can forget Viola, Nate and the adorable Grace.

Grace is the lynch pin that completely ties this story together; older than her years and so vulnerable, the relationship that develops between her and Viola is heart-warming to say the least. I enjoyed how that was the most prominent and important relationship – leaving the relationship with Nate as a complete slow burn. I wanted that to happen, don’t get me wrong but for me, what won my weary heart round was that lovely little girl finding someone she could truly rely on.

Jules writes such warm, cosy stories that are both full of emotion and amusing wit, with a patchwork of characters who will charm, some who will annoy and some who mean well but often miss the mark. Viola is a gorgeous leading lady; she’s a bit of a doormat at first and her family take advantage of her massively but as the book progressed and she got herself sorted I was cheering her on to stand up to them and say something. She is smart, funny and has an incredible heart.

Even though I had a sneaky feeling what may happen, I found it to be far more emotional that I anticipated, and I admit it nearly got me a little teary and that NEVER happens.
With a lot of really laugh out loud funny moments, gorgeous festive shenanigans and wonderfully developed relationships Jules Wake has given us something very special.


I couldn’t recommend this more if I tried. Absolutely wonderful. 



Purchase Links


Author Bio: 

Jules Wake announced at the age of ten that she planned to be a writer. Along the way she was diverted by the glamorous world of PR and worked on many luxury brands and not so luxury brands. This proved fabulous training for writing novels as it provided her with the opportunity to hone her writing and creative skills penning copy on a vast range of subjects from pig farming and watches, sunglasses and skincare through to beer and stationery. 
She writes best-selling warm-hearted contemporary fiction for One More Chapter as Jules Wake and under her pen name Julie Caplin, she writes the Romantic Escapes series. 
Between them, the two Js have written twelve novels, Notting Hill in the Snow being the latest.

Social Media Links –
Twitter: @Juleswake
Instagram: juleswakeauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment