Monday 12 August 2019

My Blog's 1st anniversary!



It’s a year ago today that I set up this blog and posted my first review. I didn’t know what I was doing at all (some may argue that I still don’t) and I certainly had no expectations of what would happen.

So, what has happened? Crikey… well, things beyond what I envisaged. I have found a community of incredible, like-minded people who share, encourage and support one another. Authors, other bloggers, readers all coming together to celebrate books and wonderful stories. If only I knew that having this blog would open a whole new world. I’ve got to know so many new and lovely people that it feels like I’m part of something – that doesn’t always happen to me.

I never expected to be able to read ARCs, I didn’t imagine I’d meet authors I admired, I wouldn’t dream that I could be asked to read and review books from my favourite authors before publication days.  But these things have happened, continue to happen and I am so so sooooo grateful.

Throughout the year I have connected with a lot of wonderful new (to me) author. I’ve instantly become a fan of so many and of course I have had to ensure I read every single book they had ever written in the shortest possible time…  people talk about binge watching a TV series, well I binge read authors that I discover/love.  The world being as it is now, and with book Twitter being totally amazing, the ability to connect with these same authors is incredible and better than I imagined – I love that we, as fans, can get to know authors, help support them in any way possible, whether that’s a book review, tweet, or even something simple like a RT.

Book Twitter” has led to some wonderful….. friendships. I’ll call them that because although I haven’t had the chance to meet any of the lovelies yet, the people I communicate with regularly are like friends. We share stories, pieces of information about our lives and we support each other like friends do. It’s been the most fun year… I know without a shadow of a doubt these guys will have a book recommendation at hand in an instant and they all share the opinion that there is no such thing as having too many books.

As I head into my second year I’ve been thinking, ‘do I have any goals? Any expectations of what I would like to have happened by this time next year?’ Quite honestly, no. I may not have the level of following as some blogs that are around, I may not have the interaction as others do -but you know what? That’s OK.

Something I would like to do is take the chances to meet others; go to more author events, see other bloggers etc - that is what I will work on over this next year.  

My little blog and I are happily moving along. I’m reading the books I want to read; I’m enjoying what I do and how I do it. I am happy with the community I have become part of and I don’t think I’d change that at all.

Happy Anniversary to me. If you’ve been here since the beginning – thanks, if you have only just found me, then hello.

Here’s to another year in my Comfy Chair.




No comments:

Post a Comment