Sunday 17 July 2022

Sun, Sea & Strawberry Shortcake - Rosie Green


It was meant to be a gloriously romantic getaway in Wales for Ruby and Hudson. That was the plan, anyway. But then friends start inviting themselves along, lured by the idea of unwinding in a chocolate-box pretty cottage, wandering the lanes and the coastline, soaking up the sun and the stunningly beautiful Italian-inspired architecture. With Ellie, Jaz, Fen and Madison popping up around every corner, plus another sinister mystery to solve, will the lovebirds ever find time to indulge their desire for sun, sea and . . . strawberry shortcake?

Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3LPqFee

My Review:


I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I LOVE this series of books, Rosie Green is brilliant! Twenty two books in this series, every one is new and full of character, charm, laughter and drama, There are not many series’ that would remain so fresh and interesting, but Rosie manages with ease. I look forward to each book, eager to discover a new character as well catch up with old favourites. 

 

I love that this time we are back with mystery (and crime) solving extraordinaries Ruby and Hudson, I have previously found stories involving them to be the funniest and most dramatic. This time we meet and they seem a bit off, something isn’t gelling as it was. Going on holiday might give them chance to refocus on them – well that’s the hope.

 

Meeting Bee, the holiday cottage cleaner; and her young  daughter Jodie kick starts a whole series of events, and strange occurrences that Ruby can’t help but start to investigate. I was completely taken in by the threats Jodie received and was trying to figure it out along with Ruby, I was completely engrossed.

 

We also hear from an old favourite, Jaz, and her story plays out alongside the mystery being solved, her marriage might be in trouble as husband Harry is spending a lot of time with another woman. Time away with the Little Duck Pond Ladies will always help and they just happen to go to the same place as their pal Ruby, who also really needs her friends support. 

 

I love this mixture of mystery and room com, the characters are well written and seem more like friends. I enjoy the storylines which are engaging and fun. I could read another 22 in this series so please keep them going Rosie!

Author Bio:


Rosie’s series of novellas is centred around life in a country village cafe. Look out for ‘Clara’s Secret Garden’ out in August 2022.

Follow Rosie on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Rosie_Green88 







1 comment:

  1. Strawberry shortcake is such a summery treat. I"m glad you enjoyed the book, and now I must find some strawberry shortcake!

    ReplyDelete