Wednesday 4 August 2021

Scars - Dan Scottow

 



The wounds you can't see take the longest to heal...

In an isolated cottage on the banks of a Scottish loch, a reclusive couple take on a new live-in carer.

As Lucy gets to know her employers, she realises the house and the people in it aren’t what they seem. Is the house haunted or is something far more sinister living within the walls?

As secrets and lies begin to unravel, Lucy starts to question what is real. But one thing seems certain, if scars cannot heal, people will never forgive…

Purchase HERE


My Review:

WOW!

What an incredible, dramatic read; I was hooked from start to finish. From a dramatic and horrific opening, this thriller will have you eager to read every twist and turn. You will not want to put this down!

This is such a clever story, with details scattered throughout; some red herrings that will throw you off. I’m usually good at spotting things and having these books all figured out, but Dan Scottow stumped me until late on and even then, I was surprised.

I liked the characters; although ‘liked’ may be the wrong word. I liked that in terms of characters I didn’t know who to trust, who to believe, who to pity and who would come out on top by the end.

The location and how well its described adds to the tension; the idea of being so remote and away from things gives me the shivers just imagining.

This is Dan’s third book and the second I have read… his writing is fantastically descriptive and detailed; at one point I didn’t know if I dared switch out the light! The book is intense, with twists and turns galore, suspense and a thrilling finale.

If you are a fan of dark, dramatic, thrillers, I cannot recommend this highly enough. 

Follow Dan on Twitter: @DanScottow


No comments:

Post a Comment