Sunday 10 February 2019

The Little Brooklyn Bakery - Julie Caplin

Available here
Goodreads Blurb:
When Sophie Bennings arrives in New York, love is the last thing on her mind. Still reeling from a painful break up, she throws herself into her work as a food editor on a top-notch magazine.
Columnist Todd McLennan is everything that Sophie wishes she didn’t want. Like the gorgeous bakery below her Brooklyn apartment, he’s as tempting as the sugary cupcakes on daily display. Surely a little of something you fancy can do you good?
As Sophie and Todd get to know one another, a love of food isn’t the only passion they share. In the city that never sleeps, has Sophie finally met the man of her dreams…?

My Review:
Fun, light and sweet - I was addicted and was soon fully immersed in Sophie's story. It helps I have a never ending affection for New York but this book ticked all the boxes of a warm, chick-lit rom-com with added yummy food/cakes and sexy phwoar factor.

I was hooked - read it in a couple of sittings and stayed up past my bedtime as I was so into it. I hadn't read the previous book in the series - but it doesn't matter as this works as a stand alone anyway. I will be rectifying that though, no doubt about it.

Sophie, or should I say Lady Sophie, is a nice girl who is wronged by a terrible, and not in the least bit appealing, man. I wasn't really expecting the scenario that played out with their relationship but I already knew it would be the best thing to happen for Sophie. She is a really likable character, to be honest I would've done the same and legged it to New York so I was supportive and all for her doing well from the start.
 

Todd is our phwoar factor. From the way he is described he is one hot male lead. He is charming, playful and just what Sophie needs to bring her out of herself in New York. You know he is deeper than his "play boy" image as you can see how much he cares for people i.e. his cousin Bella (who I think is a brilliant best friend type character for Sophie!)

I loved the sense of community and friendships within the book. As I mentioned I love New York and I have always been blown away by how friendly people are there. I was once told nobody in New York would be friendly or interested in conversation but, like in this book, they are! I loved the authors descriptions of locations - taking me back to some places and making me feel like I was exactly there with them all. It makes me want to head over and check out Brooklyn some more.

Definitely a binge worthy read - I can't wait to take a trip to Copenhaden and Paris next!
Comfy Rating: 👍👍👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment