Wednesday 12 May 2021

Life's A Beach - Portia MacIntosh

 

Sun, sea and inescapable exes...

Peach is excited to hear that her sister, Di, is getting married. Of course, she would have preferred her little sister to be engaged to someone she's known longer than a week - and the fact that his name is Charles doesn't bode well - but who is she to judge?! Afterall, her own love life is non-existent, and who doesn't love a destination wedding...?

Whisked away to the gorgeous Italian coast, Peach assumes her role as chief bridesmaid and, despite her reservations about the groom, she tries to ensure everything goes to plan.

But weddings are never straightforward affairs... throw in some unexpected guests in the form of ex-boyfriends and one night stands, and soon enough there is more drama than a reality tv show.

Can Peach keep the show on the road, or might she end up in a whirlwind romance of her own...?

Escape to the stunning Italian coast with bestseller Portia MacIntosh. Perfect for fans of Sophie Ranald and Mhairi MacFarlane.

Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/3aRO92I


My Review:

I’m a long-time fan of books by Portia MacIntosh and I always look forward to the next release. I thoroughly enjoy her writing style, there is comedy, emotion, drama, and romance everything unfolds at a good pace. MacIntosh always provides a fun, easy read that will entertain.
The characters in Portia’s books are always realistic, loveable characters and this time is no exception. I think Peach is brilliant, and Matt sounds like a dream! They were both strong characters but completely likeable – even when you think Matt is no good. I really liked Van, although I grew quite uncertain of her motives at points. I didn’t think I would grow to like Charles at all, I disliked him but by the end I found myself quite charmed by him. It might be interesting to see how he (and everyone) would react if all the secrets of the past had come to light

There was an awful lot crammed into this story, entertaining but at times it was quite full on. A lot of characters in one place with secrets and twists, a couple of things never seemed to be resolved and a couple of characters just seemed to fade away by the end. I would have been interested to see what happened if a couple of other scenarios played out.
This book has brilliant characters and fun storylines, it was highly entertaining, and I would recommend for an easy, relaxing read.

Thank you to Boldwood Books & NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book!

Author Bio:


Portia MacIntosh is a bestselling romantic comedy author of 16 novels, including The Plus One Pact and My Great Ex-Scape. Previously a music journalist, Portia writes hilarious stories, drawing on her real-life experiences.

 



Social Media Links

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/macintoshportia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PortiaMacIntosh

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/portiamacintoshauthor/

Newsletter Sign Up Link: http://bit.ly/PortiaMacIntoshNewsletter

Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/portia-macintosh


No comments:

Post a Comment