Friday 28 May 2021

Both of You - Adele Parks

 

Leigh Fletcher: happily married stepmum to two gorgeous boys goes missing on Monday. Her husband Mark says he knows nothing of her whereabouts. She simply went to work and just never came home. Their family is shattered.

Kai Janssen: married to wealthy Dutch businessman, Daan, vanishes the same week. Kai left their luxurious penthouse and glamourous world without a backward glance. She seemingly evaporated into thin air. Daan is distraught.

DC Clements knows that people disappear all the time – far too frequently. Most run away from things, some run towards, others are taken but find their way back. A sad few never return. These two women are from very different worlds, their disappearances are unlikely to be connected. And yet, at a gut level, the DC believes they are.

How could these women walk away from their families, husbands and homes willingly? Clements is determined to unearth the truth, no matter how shocking and devastating it may be.

My Review:

I want to rave all about this incredible book, to do so I have to be very careful about how much I say. I do not want to give away any vital clues or spoilers because the intrigue adds to the anticipation and thrilling climax.

Adele Parks is one of my ‘go to’ authors. Never failing to have me on the edge of my seat and fully immersed in the world she creates. I think this is possibly my favourite of hers (hard to choose when they are all so good though isn’t it!)

There are subtle references to the start of the pandemic (the story is set at that time) but they are delicately and cleverly interweaved although have no bearing on the story itself. I didn’t mind it one bit, in fact I was quite impressed and thought it added some interesting context to how the characters were acting/having to behave etc.

I was quite surprised by the plot twists in Both of You, happily so although I had vague ideas about what was happening and who was involved, the clues are there. Red herrings along the way may provide some interesting misdirection though, and credible culprits.

I couldn’t put this down; I was hooked after the first few chapters. Seeing events unfold from different viewpoints created an interest in all characters, and a growing dislike for surprising people.

Early surprises and clever twists will leave you excited and invested; you’ll need to give yourself plenty of time to devour this thrilling read. Another smasher from Adele Parks. 

Available to order HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment