Wednesday 8 May 2024

Death in Bacton Wood - Ross Greenwood

 

A family’s secrets lie buried. The time has come to uncover the truth…

When a mud-splattered man staggers from Bacton Wood with a terrifying tale about being buried alive, DS Ashley Knight and her team are called in to investigate. Soon, another victim is found, and more men are missing – all with connections to the well-known Vialli family.

The Major Investigation Team find themselves attempting to untangle a case that stretches from Eastern Europe through to North Norfolk. Along with rookie detective, the whip-smart Hector Fade, Ashley is in a race against time trying to help a family who seem determined to take matters into their own hands. And when Ashley suspects there is a department rat, the stakes get even higher.

As the evidence continues to point in different directions, and as new victims are uncovered thick and fast, Ashley and Hector begin to fear they have finally met their match in a killer too ruthless and clever to be caught.

Purchase Link - https://mybook.to/bactonwoodsocial

My Review:

The third book in the Norfolk Murders series, another drama filled and complex police procedural book with the interesting DS Ashley Night and the rest of the team.

Action packed from start to finish – you know when a book starts with someone almost being buried alive that you will be kept on the edge of your seat all the way through.

Death in Bacton Wood takes a deep dive into the dark, violent world of drugs and people trafficking and the long-held grudges that come back to haunt each monster involved.

With detailed and explicit descriptions of torture, they added a harsh and violent realism to the story – and whilst each crime was truly horrific; its hard to muster any sympathy when you’ve read about the heinous crimes, they have been involved with themselves.

DS Knight is a fantastic character and the team have really grown on me since book one. They work together well and can occasionally add some light relief amongst the gruesome crime action.

With fantastic twists along the way, I was trying to piece everything together as the story progressed rather than already knowing what was happening and who was to blame. I couldn’t put this one down!

This is a brilliant crime series and I look forward to the next. 

Author Bio:

I was born in 1973 in Peterborough and lived there until I was 20, attending The King's School in the city. I then began a rather nomadic existence, living and working all over the country and various parts of the world.

I found myself returning to Peterborough many times over the years, usually when things had gone wrong. It was on one of these occasions that I met my partner about 100 metres from my back door whilst walking a dog. Two children swiftly followed. I'm still a little stunned by the pace of it now.

Fifty Years of Fear book was started a long time ago but parenthood and then after working in sales management all my life, i randomly spent four years as a prison officer. Ironically it was the four a.m. feed which gave me the opportunity to finish the book as unable to get back to sleep I completed it in the early morning hours.

It's surprising for me to realise I've written ten books now. There are two strands, one where the books concern lives affected by prison, and then my detective series starring DI John Barton. The first Barton book, The Snow Killer hit the coveted number one spot on KOBO, with the second and third in the series not far behind.

Social Media Links –  

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RossGreenwoodAuthor

Twitter: https://twitter.com/greenwoodross

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rossg555/

Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/RossGreenwoodnews

Bookbub profile: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/ross-greenwood


No comments:

Post a Comment