Thursday 13 September 2018

Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop - Jane Linfoot

Available on Amazon 

Christmas is coming for all those at Brides by the Sea, Cornwall’s cutest little wedding shop, and the in-house wedding dress designer Seraphina East is at her best in her studio designing exquisite dresses, the type that makes even the demanding bride speechless.

This time the demanding bride is Sera’s very own sister Alice. These two sisters aren’t exactly close, Alice hasn’t even asked Sera to design her wedding dress but asks Sera to take charge in getting things ready when she is stuck overseas with work. But as plans start to go wrong and the groom hasn’t turned up, Sera is determined her big sister gets the wedding of her dreams – especially when that means keeping two irresistible best men under control. A blast from the past shocks Sera, can she keep her mind on what she needs to do for her sister, or will everything end in disaster?!

This is my third visit to St Aiden and the wonderful women (and men) of Brides by the Sea. I didn’t read them in order – usually something that would drive mad – but it really doesn’t matter. Picking up this book, I was instantly transported back to Cornwall and it very much felt like I was back with my closest friends. 

If you haven’t read any of the previous books, don’t worry, this can easily work as a standalone but I would imagine you’d want to catch up.
This story gives us Sera, the quiet, yet fabulously amazing, dress designer – I like her a lot. I like that she is not a girly girl, she doesn’t like fuss and attention yet she can be fiery and doesn’t realise just how tough she can be. She doesn't suffer fools gladly and she really does find one in the gorgeous, utterly chaotic and charming Quinn, one of the two best men helping to get the wedding organised. As they try to fulfill all the tasks in the wedding manual Alice sent, all manner of things start to go wrong. Sera's friends are on hand and, as always, they are willing to help - there are no problems that these guys cannot fix to ensure a Happily Ever After.

Personally, I enjoyed the obvious rivalry between the two best men. Both wanting Sera for themselves and constantly battling for her attention. Quinn, in a more brash and obvious way while Johnny kept it simple, classy and was the guy I was championing from the beginning. At times during the book I did wonder if Sera would go the other way and end up with the wrong guy, as it sounded really tempting for her but I knew the best man (ha ha – best man, get it?!) would win. 

I adore Jane Linfoots writing, her style and the way I never want to put a book down. The way her writing flows and gives us the kind of book where you don’t notice time slipping by because you are so completely absorbed.

This book gave me a true Christmas feel (even in September), I was dazzled by the decorations, the descriptions of the amazing dresses, and I drooled over the cakes. With all of books I’ve read by Jane Linfoot, I was bowled over by the feelings of love and friendship. So much so I wish I lived in St Aiden and I could be part of Brides by the Sea.

Comfy Rating: 👍👍👍👍👍



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop to read and review, Jenn. (When I wrote it, it was baking hot and summer, and I had Christmas tunes playing, and the deccies up over my desk to get in the mood, so it seems fine you read it in September) Thank you so much for this lovely review, I'm so very thrilled you enjoyed it, after four books all the characters in the Little Wedding Shop Series are very close to my heart, it's lovely to know other people love reading about those characters as much as I enjoyed writing about them. Big love, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete